FV Martin Trucking Co. COVID-19 policy
PREVENTIVE MEASURES AT WORK AND IN PUBLIC
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with soap and water, or with an alcohol-based hand rub.
Maintain a 6-foot bubble around you, at least 3 feet between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Discard tissue immediately.
Wear your PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), coveralls, rubber gloves, etc. This offers a layer of protection when inside the cab of a truck.
Know the symptoms of COVID-19. If you are sick or think you have come into contact with COVID-19, stay at home, contact your doctor (don’t go to doctor’s office).
They most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don’t feel sick. Most people (80%) recover from the disease with out needing special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.
The company is taking to following precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please note, these are all temporary measures.
- Temporally suspend any group meetings of more than three.
- Remove lunch table from mechanic’s break room
- Remove bench from driver’s room
- Limit seating in the office and Reduce extra seating in office waiting room
- Establish 6-foot clearance in driver’s room and shop part’s room with tape on the floor
- Venders allowed to drop off parts on parts bench only
- No outside sales personnel allowed in the shop or office