Did you know…?
- Oregon has 71,228 miles of public road.
- As of 2013, there were 18,316 truck driving jobs in Oregon.
- In Oregon, one out of 17 people are within the trucking industry based on 2015 data. That equates to 89,110 total trucking industry jobs.
- Oregon’s transportation system carried $300 billion worth of goods in 2012- more than the entire state’s GDP $204 billion). About $215 billion (72%) of those goods were carried by truck.
- The motor vehicle fatality rate has dropped by 80% over the past 50 years.
- Among all the transportation modes, including truck, rail, water, air, multiple mode, pipeline, and other, trucking carries nearly 75% of all freight in the Portland, OR metro area.
- As of 2014, $2.40 is the potential return for every $1 invested in the state’s transportation system.